Pages

And check out my joint blog with the love of my life and writing partner Dmytry Karpov: Kimberly ♥ Dmytry

Then his blog: Dmytry Karpov



Saturday, May 16, 2009

Moving Mouths, a poem by KA Kinrade

Moving Mouths

Your mouth is moving and sound escapes, but the meaning is lost on me
And I can tell by the look in your face, that the feeling is mutual
If miscommunication could kill, we’d both occupy an early grave
As it is, it just maims the relationship, tearing it apart piece by piece
The heart still beats, blood still flows, but nothing is getting to the brain.
Hooked up to monitors, we survive only through external forces

I create worlds with my words, paint pictures in the minds of many strangers
Evoke emotions, argue issues and clarify theories
I understand and am understood by people whose names I’ll never know
And yet with you, the one with whom I share my world,
You I cannot touch with my many words
You, whose heart beats next to mine each night
You I cannot understand

As if from opposing planets, Mars and Venus, we speak in different languages
And no book can bridge this gap in our solar systems

As our love’s body dies, we fight to revive that which was never there
Hoping against odds that we can learn at the last moment
What years of loving hasn’t taught
To receive the meaning that is lost to me, when your mouth is moving and sound escapes.

11.12.07 copyright KA Kinrade

No comments:

Post a Comment